My super duper BFF

The last time I saw her was back in 2003. Far away from my homeland Indonesia. It was in Belgium. We were only 11 year old kids. Old enough to understand the definition of friendship. She's an amazing person, still is and will always be to me. I remember the last time I get to see her. I had to go back to Indonesia. So she had a farewell party arranged for me with some friends from class. It was really sweet what they've done for me. We played and plucked a lot of raspberries from her garden and she said that I could have them all. Afterwards she and her mom drove me home. We talked a lot on the way of how we would send email and letters to each other in order to stay in touch. We got up to my appartment. The house was really messy so they couldn't get in. The last minutes were awkward. Our eyes were filled with tears, we just stood there staring at each other and we didn't know what to say. We weren't ready to say goodbye. Until her mom said "Okay, why don't you give each other a hug!". We hugged as we tried to hold our cries. Then she and her mom walked though the corridor to the stairs. We just waved. And that was it. I haven't met her again ever since. Her name is Eva-Lynn. :)


Eva-Lynn, me and friends.
Eva-Lynn's the blond long hair, I'm the one with the skirt :)

The first time I met her. It was May 2000. I came all the way to Belgium from Indonesia with my mom for her doctoral degree. I was a new student in my school. I was in the third grade of elementary school. I couldn't speak dutch and the fourth grade's dutch was considered too hard for me so I had to stay in the third grade. So for math, I studied in the third grade and when it was dutch lesson I would go to the second grade and study there.The teacher introduced me to two classes. Third grade and second grade (which was my class to-be in the next school year).  When I got into the second grade class, Eva-Lynn looked at me and thought "She is going to be my best friend!" She said that to me after we got close. :)

The next school year. I still couldn't speak dutch, I was always talking in english. The teacher picked someone to help me to learn dutch. It was Eva-Lynn. We got along very quikly and very well. She helped me alot with learning dutch. We have a lot of things in common. We're both very active, we teach each other stuff. I remember, one of our favourite games was walking on metal plant barrier at school, so we had to keep our balance from falling. She taught me gymnastics (handstand etc. She was in gym class), skipping (which she also took a class in), life lessons like how we shouldn't be afraid of anything, we don't have to be ashamed of who we are and that we can do everything. We make dances with some other friends. I remember we made a dance with When you're looking like that by Westlife,  I wanna be like you by The junglebook soundtrack which was for the school year closing party and there was this song but I can't remember the singer nor the title, but it goes 'dam dam bi doo.. dam dam bidoo bidoo bi dam dam bidoo.. dam dam bi doo...' LOL. Eva-Lynn's a great dancer. She's a natural, really! :D O yeah we loved Britney a lot. Yes! Britney spears!!! hahaha! and yes again! Britney was a looot better back then! We loved the song 'Overprotective'. LOL!

Words to describe Eva-Lynn:
happy, energetic, fun, encouraging, kind, spontaneous, adventurous, brave, nice, honest, funny, down-to-earth (count that as one word, haha!), knows-what-she-wants (count that as one word again! :p), open-minded... A-GREAT-BEST-FRIEND! :D

We're still in touch now for 7 years via email! So now we've been BFF's for 10 years and long distance BFF's for 7 years! Can you believe it? I was actually wondering about skype. I've never used it. She said to me back then, that she would buy a device like a screen and that we can talk to eachother Belgium-Indonesia. 3G was not popular or didn't exist yet LOL!

I've been trying and wanting to send her letters from a long time ago. In fact I have stuff that I bougt 6 years for her but I haven't had the time to send it. I'm so sorry Eva-Lynn... and I feel so bad, she sent me letters and stuff and I haven't even replied any mail from her :( And I promised to send her her picture, but my computer broke down and couldn't start! Ugh! :(

But yeah! To my dearest best friend Eva-Lynn who's miles away from where I'm typing this blog post right now... I just wanna say...
"I'm sorry that I haven't got to reply your letters EVER for the past 7 YEARS! (Making me feel like the worst best friend! wow!)... I'm looking forward to clearing some time and reply your letters that I've always wanted to do... You are my Best Best Friend ever. I really really really hope to get to see each other again someday and I hope that day will sooner or later come. I will keep on missing you today, tomorrow, everyday for the rest of my life. You've been such a delight and a colourful part of my life, that's never gonna change :). No matter where you are or how far we're apart, You will always be my best friend :). I love You Eva-Lynn"
xoxo kussies van jou Yasje. :) :*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOEFL IBT Note Taking Tips

Skin journey: How I cured my skin. I went French!

Living with Braces and Retainers (Wire/Hawley vs Clear/Essix)