Create Your Life

You are sixteen going on seventeen waiting for life to start....

I bet you know the song that I'm quoting. It's Sixteen going on Seventeen the Maria and Liesl version, a soundtrack from the 1964's The Sound of Music <-- What a heartwarming family movie. I won't get tired of it :)

Have you ever known some songs that you sing a lot but don't exactly know what it means. Or you know what it means but you just feel "it's a nice song and it has nice lyrics"? When I was younger I used to be like that. Sing a lot of songs and didn't really cared about what the message's trying to say. Like Mariah Carey's Hero, George Benson's Greatest love of All. But then as I got older and I listened to the songs. It made me go "Wow, that's so true".

And that too is applied to the quote above. I'm 18 and I feel exactly that way (but then the song should be when you're 18 going on 19, LOL!) See, when you're in school. Everything is settled. From 8th grade you'll go to 9th grade and then to 10th grade. You just have to go with the flow. But what happens after high school, lies all in your two bare hands! (okay I'm exagerating a lil bit :p) And that's when you're life really starts. Perhaps you wanna go to university or you wanna work or travel around the world. It all depends on you. What path of life you choose. What choices you make. And as you grow up you have to choose the options yourself. Maybe mom, dad and friends give suggestions. But it's your heart and mind that settles it. Because this life is yours and it's up to you how you want to create it. :)

DREAM BIG! Everyone has one or more. Nothing is impossible!  

So, are you ready to live in your 'dreams'?

The first thing you might want to do, is ask youself!
1. How do you want you're life to be?
2. Why do you want you're life to be like that?
3. Is it really what you want whole-heartedly?

Be careful and think about it. You don't want to make the wrong step.

Next is ambition, a positive will of making that dream of yours come true. Have a positive point of view. And then it's work hard, play hard! My grandma always taught me that nothing just fell off the sky. We
have to achieve it. And if you're religious, always pray to God! Because everything that we achieve in life is from Him. When I pray more to God I have this more relaxed feeling, like that I don't have to worry because everything is ruled by God including my dreams. And that He's always watching over me. Even if I fail, I believe God will give greater things. Because God knows everything better. Remember that, what we think is best for us, might not be. But what God thinks is best for us is certainly the best for us.
Sometimes in a way that we humans don't even understand.

Third! Never give up and be consistent! Go forward! If you 'fail', pick up yourself, try again! try again! and try again! You fail when you stop trying and give up! When you stop trying, you stop. And all your efforts would be for nothing! So as long as you don't give up there are still many roads to reach that dream of yours.

You may think this kind of adventure never may come to you


Good luck. :) xoxo Yasmin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOEFL IBT Note Taking Tips

Skin journey: How I cured my skin. I went French!

Living with Braces and Retainers (Wire/Hawley vs Clear/Essix)