Perfume Review: The Body Shop Love Etc

Love Etc by The Body Shop was launched in 2009 behind the nose of Dominique Ropion who is also the nose behind 'the big names' such as Burberry The Beat, Burberry London, Thierry Mugler Alien, Giorgio Armani Armani Code for Women, and a lot more from his amazing work. So, The  Body Shop is developing their fair trade program by using ingredients that are obtained that way as well. So by buying their product you can help the workers by having an appropriate income as equal as what they do. (I don't get paid by The Body Shop to say this, I Swear! :D)


Top notes: Pear, Neroli, Bergamot
Middle noter: Jasmine, helioptre, lily of the valley
Base Notes: Vanilla, Sandalwood, Musk Cream

The first time I smelled it from the bottle, I wasn't really impressed. It was a loud, shrieking sweet candy-like smell screaming 'GET ME OUT OF THE BOTTLE, OR I'LL EXPLODE!' So that one time was enough for me (I thought). I thouht it smelled so different from other Body Shop Perfumes for they're more 'natural' smelling and simple. Like Marroccan Rose, it will forever smell like a flower and white musk smells like... well, white musk. So I put it back on the rack and checked out other products.

One day, I was with my friend and suddenly I was like 'Wow, what are you wearing? you smell really nice!' then she said it was Love etc by The Body Shop. So, I went to check back to the store and sprayed it my skin and let it sit there for some hours. As a result I get this feminine-girly, young, warm, sweet, light vanilla-ish cookie smell that is very comforting. I also recognize a little nut and cream. YUM! Pretty satisfied, I bought the 30ml EDP and am very happy with it. It's not a Paris Hilton Can-Can  nor a Britney's Fantasy kinda smell. The smell settles on your skin for about 4-5 hours I suppose. It's the kinda perfume people would say 'hmmm... you smell good' and not the kind of  'attention seeking' perfume, it's not explosive. I'd say, it's very polite. :)

It's not a serious smell. Probably a nice perfume for hanging out, school, dates? I would recommend this to teenage girls or anyone who wants to smell nice and still have that girly tickle. Oh yeah, the bottle is so simple but still looks exquisite :) They also come in shower gel, body lotion, body butter, even they're available in solid perfume. *A little tip*  To make a fragrance stay longer you could try layering your scent by using the shower gel and the lotion from the same product. So I say you give it a sniff :) Enjoy!

cheers
xoxo
your Yasmin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOEFL IBT Note Taking Tips

Skin journey: How I cured my skin. I went French!

Living with Braces and Retainers (Wire/Hawley vs Clear/Essix)