Sniffer's Perspective



 Marilyn Monroe and her favourite classic, Chanel no 5


The relationship between a women and her perfume. It is one delicate bond of friendship. Having a bad day? Just spray some of your ‘magic potion’ and sniff! Will it take you somewhere else? Perhaps, for a few seconds. In my opinion perfume is so so so close. Because it is so close to your skin (literally it is on your skin) and a whiff of scent is the closest way someone can get.

 Of course anyone with the same interest might understand about the perfume craze. I love perfumes! They are fun and exciting, and it is fun sniffing people around (not the way how dogs do it of course, LOL). Maybe it has to do with memories I guess. When you smell something, your brain kinda reconnects it with certain memories of life. For instance when I smell Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel or Chanel no 5, I will be flown back to times with my late grandmother who loves her Chanel till the last day of her life. Or that the smell of one cologne with a ben-10 figure on it smells exactly like the necklace shaped candies I used to crave back in my childhood. Dolce & Gabbana The One will forever smell like Florence to me, Escada Moonlight smells like singing. And you might also get that ’aha!’ moments when you smell something that reminds you of something else. There lies the fun!



Of course we tend to love scents that reconnects us with the happy memories in our lives. On the other hand, you might get that ‘ugh’ and grumpy feelings when you smell something that reconnects you with not so good memories. I love the idea that anyone could have gone through a rough day and yet still smell amazingly great.

Perfume could be an identity, a signature. As for me, perfume is like a best friend, accompanying and offering you new experiences.

Oh well, final words by Coco.



I'll be posting more perfume reviews soon!
xoxo
Yasmin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOEFL IBT Note Taking Tips

Skin journey: How I cured my skin. I went French!

Living with Braces and Retainers (Wire/Hawley vs Clear/Essix)